Learning how to use Moodle -our online campus- has been more challenging than I anticipated. Although I had used other studying online platforms and even forums before, it wasn’t very easy to navigate Moodle and find what I needed at first.
Fortunately, it got easier the more I used it, and I feel more confident finding my way around now.
I started brainstorming and saw the different parts of Moodle. In my view, the platform can be divided into these 8 parts:
- GRA1 – the course itself
- Participants – students
- Lectures + LA + MA – Weekly lessons, learning activities and mandatory assignments
- Inbox – messages with other students and teachers/tutors
- Forum – for communication and project submissions
- Extra materials – such as LinkedIn learning platform and Dawsonera.
- Info – practical information, guidelines, semester plans…
- Tutors and teachers
In a way, it reminded me of a puzzle: you have a pile of pieces that are not connected, and you have no idea how to put them together. After a while, you start studying their shape and how they can fit together, trying to pair them until they perfectly match. Once you have organized all the pieces, you can see the whole picture.
This is the final result: